Dismissal from now until the end of the school year is at 2:35 p.m. including Tuesdays unless otherwise noted. Thank you.
Please remember....if your child is tardy or absent, please send in a written note to the office when they return. Thank you. :)
Eagle Rock Elementary School's Vision and Mission Statements
Our Vision is to implement an instructional program that provides a positive, nurturing climate that stimulates maximum academic and social growth, inspires appreciation and respect for diversity, and empowers all children to participate successfully in a changing society.
* Students will communicate effectively to acquire and share knowledge with a variety of audiences.
* Students will demonstrate academic proficiency in the areas of Reading, Language Arts, and Mathematics, which meet or exceed the California Grade Level Standards.
Mornings and afternoons are very busy around the perimeter of the campus. While some of our rules might seem inconvenient, they have been established after careful consideration of what is safest for the students. Please keep in mind that when you help support these rules you are not only helping the welfare of our whole community, but you are modeling safe behaviors for your child, and that is sure to help keep him or her make smart choices when you're not around.
* Parking lots are for staff use only. Please do not drive in to drop off students, and do not block the entrance to parking lots.
* You are welcome to park and walk your student onto the campus; please use crosswalks when crossing the street (this is a life-saving habit for your child to learn). Gates on Fair Park, Chicksaw, and Maywood are open until the morning bell, and open again at dismissal at 2:35 p.m.
* At 8:15 a.m., all gates will be locked and the only access to the school grounds will be at the front door. Please ring the buzzer and someone will admit you after you introduce yourself. This new system is to increase our campus security.
* Kindergarten students should be picked up from th porch in the Kindergarten yard. Teachers or staff will facilitate the pick-up.
* Children other than kindergartners being pick up by parents should be picked up on the school side of the street. Students being picked up late will wait on the playground where there is adult supervision.
* Children walking home must cross at crosswalks only. Walk on the sidewalks and not on the grass. Students who choose to play after school need to sign in for the After School Playground with Youth Services or the Youth Development Program. Once a student has left the campus, they are not to return. Children are not allowed to leave the campus to go to the store or buy from street vendors then return to campus.
* Safety issue- Bicycles, Skateboards, or scooters are never permitted on campus.
* District policy- For security reason, the teacher must be present if students or parents wish to retrieve something from the classroom.
Classroom Supply List 2013-2014
Online Meal Application
Breakfast and Lunch Menus
In order to process your enrollment, please make sure to have the following documents at the time of enrollment. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
The original Birth Certificate, Passport or Baptismal Certificate (no hospital certificates accepted)
Official Immunization Record with updated shots including TB Test.
Proof of Residence- Utility Bill (Dept of Water and Power or Gas) Mortgage papers are allowed as long as it has the name of the parent on it. No phone bills or rental receipts will be accepted.
DPT at least 5 One date must be on or after the 2nd birthday
Polio at least 4 One date must be on or after the 2nd birthday
MMR 2 Dates must be on or after the 1st birthday
Hepatitis B Three doses
Varivax/Varicella 1 dose or documented by the provider of
varicella disease or immunity
Oral Health Assessment First Year of Public School
Incoming Kindergarten students must be five on or by September 1, 2014 for the 2014-2015 school year.
If your child's birthdate lands between September 2nd and December 2nd, please call the office for information on traditional kindergarten. The phone number is 323-254-6851.
School will begin on August 12, 2014.
Smarter Balanced Test Website
Students grade 3 and above are preparing to take their state testing on iPads and in both computer labs. Below is the link for those parents who want to help their child adjust to the online test. This works best on Google Chrome.
Enrollment for Fall 2014
Enrollment will begin for all grades on Monday, April 21, 2014 at 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily. Proof of Residence- Utility Bill (Dept of Water and Power or Gas) is required before receiving an enrollment packet.
Student Produced Eagle Eye Newspaper
The Eagle Eye is a student-produced newspaper from Room 20. This is the first edition published this year. Please click on the link below to preview the newspaper.
Last year's attendance goal was that 71% of our students be present 96% of the time. This school year, the goal is to have 76% of our students be present 96% of the time.
We are NOT currently meeting that goal. Attendance is used to measure good school performance.
Students who have perfect attendance will have a chance in a raffle to win prizes.
Please help our school reach its goal. Thank you.
Parent Involvement Policy
Please click on the links below for more information.
No unauthorized visitor will be allowed on campus without principal permission prior to 2:35 p.m. (1:35 p.m. on Tuesdays). We are doing this for the safety of all students. Thank you.
For the safety and security on our campus, please report anything unusual to our school staff, school police or LAPD immediately.
Los Angeles School Police (213) 625-6631
Los Angeles Police Department (323) 344-5701
Forms and Information